81 years ago, on August 31, 1939, the Marvel Comics company was first introduced to the world and people were presented with a whole universe of superheroes. To celebrate Marvel’s birthday and the company’s collaboration with Veve Digital Collectibles, Marvel Month closes with a special edition of Captain America Non-fungible Token (NFT) collectibles.
A lineup of Captain America Statue NFTs
In late June, the Walt Disney Company’s wholly owned subsidiary, Marvel Entertainment, announced that it was entering the world of non-fungible tokens (NFTs). During the first week of August, Marvel unveiled Marvel Month and launched Spider-Man NFTs.
The collection sets included “Common – Spider-Man”, “Uncommon – Spider-Man”, “Rare – Spider-Man”, “Ultra-Rare – Spider-Man” and “Secret-Rare – Spider-Man”. “Marvel’s comic book competitor DC Comics also has dropped a range of NFTs through the Veve Digital Collectibles application.
Marvel Month closes on Tuesday, August 31st, and the high point of Marvel NFT Month ends with Captain America. The NFT drop will honor Captain America’s 80th birthday when it appeared in his debut comic in 1941. On Tuesday, the Veve app will start the Captain America NFT launch at 8 a.m. (PT). Marvel’s legendary first Avenger NFTs include:
- Captain America – The First Avenger – Always a soldier at heart, Captain America is proud and tall as the first Avenger in premium digital format ($ 40.00).
- Captain America – Charge into Battle – Captain America runs into battle ready for action, armed with his original Tri-Shield ($ 50.00).
- Captain America – The Punch – Experience one of the most iconic moments in comic history with this homage to Steve Rogers’ iconic punch from the cover of Captain America Comics # 1 ($ 100.00).
- Captain America – Animated- Witness – Captain America in animated action as he prepares for battle ($ 250.00).
- Captain America – Ultimate Animated – This ultra-premium animated collectible features VFX and SFX from Captain America who uses his tri-shield as both an offensive and defensive weapon ($ 400.00).
The amazing Spider-Man # 1 NFT
Marvel is also launching a “fully readable digital comic” NFT “The Amazing Spider-Man # 1,” which will also be released on Tuesday, but at 11am (PT). The comic is well known and one of the most valuable comics in the world. Quality Comix says a mint version of Spider-Man’s first comic had triple value in the past decade and a “CGC NM + 9.6 copy in perfect condition that can sell for over $ 300,000.”
The Marvel NFTs are operated by Orbis Blockchain Technologies Limited and the Veve Digital Collectibles platform. The Veve app is available on iOS or Android smartphones and the application allows users to hunt and trade NFT collectibles. The Veve application has competitors like the company like the specially developed NFT platform Wax.io which has worked with companies like Atari, Topps, Funko, Capcom, Street Fighter, Bratz, Robotech and others.
What do you think of Marvel’s NFT drop on the Veve app? Let us know what you think on this matter in the comments below.
Photo credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer of liability: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement for any product, service, or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author are directly or indirectly responsible for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.